I find it incredibly rewarding to assist my clients in finding secure and comfortable homes while protecting them from potential money pits. I am well compensated, it can be a great career.
If you’re interested in a home inspection, start by registering for our class. We’re always excited to talk about home inspection careers.
School of Professional Home Inspection
WA Home Inspector #469
Our next live lecture “The Fundamentals of Home Inspection” is February 19 – March 2, 2024. In our classroom* or online.
Our Home Inspection classes are offered in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada and Colorado.
Start your new career with top-quality training.
Becoming a home inspector is a rewarding and fulfilling career choice. Not only does it offer a strong earning potential, but it also provides the freedom and flexibility of being your own boss as an entrepreneur. The School of Professional Home Inspection offers a comprehensive training program that will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in this industry.
Our curriculum was written and developed by our experienced instructors, who have years of experience in the field of home inspection. Our small class size allows us to provide personalized instruction and answer any individual questions you may have. We also share tips and strategies for search engine optimization, social media impact, marketing, and client management, which will help you to build a successful business as a home inspector.
One of the greatest benefits of becoming a home inspector is earning potential as a self-employed entrepreneur. With the right knowledge, skills, and marketing strategies, you can build a successful business that will provide you with a comfortable income.
At the School of Professional Home Inspection, we also provide training on reporting and scheduling systems, which are essential tools for running a successful home inspection business. These systems will help you to streamline your business operations and manage your clients more efficiently. With the right tools and training, you will be able to offer a high-quality service that will set you apart from the competition.
We understand that buying the right tools can be a daunting task, especially when starting a new business. That’s why we are here to help you make informed decisions when it comes to purchasing equipment. We will guide you through the process of identifying the tools that are essential for your business and help you find high-quality, reputable products at a reasonable cost. Whether it’s a moisture meter, a thermal imaging camera, or a ladder, we will provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision. Additionally, our experienced instructors will also share tips on how to properly maintain and use your tools to ensure they last for a long time. With our help, you can be confident that you have the right tools to perform professional home inspections and start your business with confidence.
Your first step toward becoming a Licensed Home Inspector in Washington State is to download the “Candidate Handbook“. This outlines the eligibility requirements to receive your Home Inspection License in addition to valuable information about passing the exam.
As a complement to your education, we are happy to offer support to get your Home Inspection business up and running as soon as possible. It is our mission to prepare you for success in this lucrative marketplace, even beyond the classroom.
Our proven track record as successful Inspectors and educators makes the School of Professional Home Inspection the best choice in home inspection education, software, and field training.
Test your inspection skills! Take the 25-question practice exam here. These are the types of questions you might expect on the State and national exam.
Our latest News and Articles
- Water heater Temperature and Pressure Relief ValvesExcessive length – more than 30 feet use of more than four elbows or bends in discharge piping, or reduction of discharge line size will cause a restriction and reduce the discharge capacity of the valve.
- Essential Safety Barrier Guidelines for Residential Pools Every Home Inspector Should KnowResidential swimming pools are a great source of enjoyment for families, but they can also pose a serious safety hazard if proper safety barriers are not installed. As a home inspector, it’s crucial to have Read more…
- Understanding Safety Glass Code Requirements for Home InspectorsSafety glass is an important feature in homes, especially in areas like bathrooms and near doors. Home inspectors should be aware of safety glass code requirements and ensure proper installation to reduce the risk of injury in case of glass breakage.
- Former Student Sends Thank You NoteIn a world where it seems like negativity and complaints dominate the conversation, receiving a handwritten thank you note can truly brighten someone’s day. That’s precisely what happened when we received a note from a Read more…
- Why Choose School of Professional Home InspectionA home inspection is a critical step in the process of buying or selling a property. It helps to ensure that the property is in good condition and that any potential issues are identified and Read more…
- Becoming a Home Inspector: A Comprehensive GuideAs a homeowner, having a reliable and professional home inspector to assess the condition of your property can bring peace of mind. But what about becoming a home inspector yourself? If you’re interested in entering Read more…
- Maximizing Energy Savings in Your Home: Choosing the Most Cost-Effective ImprovementsSimple measures such as sealing air leaks and caulking around windows and doors can provide a faster payback and a better return on investment for limited budgets. Ultimately, the best strategy is to prioritize the measures that provide the most cost-effective energy savings and the quickest payback period.
- Safe Decks Are More Complicated Than You ThinkA home inspection is a critical step in the home-buying process. It helps to ensure that the home you are considering is safe, functional, and in good condition. One of the key components of a Read more…
- Study GuideTable of Contents Vocabulary Terms and Definitions used in Class Standards of Practice Home inspection regulations vary by state. In Washington, there’s a set standard of practice and code of ethics. However, some states don’t Read more…
- VA Approval – Use your GI billSchool of Professional Home Inspection has received approval from the Veterans Affairs Administration as a qualified provider for veteran education benefits. This makes it a fantastic career choice for veterans, offering access to valuable benefits Read more…
- Meet our newest State Licensed Colleagues.What a great group of students, so glad to be a part of their new careers. They are all licensed inspectors now. Welcome to the club, and good luck! Congratulations to David, Mike, Dustin, Richard, Read more…