Being a home inspector is fulfilling to me. I assist clients in finding their ideal home. My goal is to either prevent them from purchasing a problematic “Money Pit” or to guide them to a safe and efficient property and get paid well to do it. Both outcomes bring me a sense of satisfaction.JJ Greive
Our next live lecture “The Fundamentals of Home Inspection” is February 6 – 18, 2023 Online and in our classroom*
Our Home Inspection classes are offered in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona and Colorado.
Start your new career with top-quality training.
Becoming a home inspector is a rewarding and fulfilling career choice. Not only does it offer a strong earning potential, but it also provides the freedom and flexibility of being your own boss as an entrepreneur. The School of Professional Home Inspection offers a comprehensive training program that will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in this industry.
Our curriculum was written and developed by our experienced instructors, who have years of experience in the field of home inspection. Our small class size allows us to provide personalized instruction and answer any individual questions you may have. We also share tips and strategies for search engine optimization, social media impact, marketing, and client management, which will help you to build a successful business as a home inspector.
One of the greatest benefits of becoming a home inspector is earning potential as a self-employed entrepreneur. With the right knowledge, skills, and marketing strategies, you can build a successful business that will provide you with a comfortable income.
At the School of Professional Home Inspection, we also provide training on reporting and scheduling systems, which are essential tools for running a successful home inspection business. These systems will help you to streamline your business operations and manage your clients more efficiently. With the right tools and training, you will be able to offer a high-quality service that will set you apart from the competition.
We understand that buying the right tools can be a daunting task, especially when starting a new business. That’s why we are here to help you make informed decisions when it comes to purchasing equipment. We will guide you through the process of identifying the tools that are essential for your business and help you find high-quality, reputable products at a reasonable cost. Whether it’s a moisture meter, a thermal imaging camera, or a ladder, we will provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision. Additionally, our experienced instructors will also share tips on how to properly maintain and use your tools to ensure they last for a long time. With our help, you can be confident that you have the right tools to perform professional home inspections and start your business with confidence.
Your first step toward becoming a Licensed Home Inspector in Washington State is to download the “Candidate Handbook“. This outlines the eligibility requirements to receive your Home Inspection License in addition to valuable information about passing the exam.
As a complement to your education, we are happy to offer support to get your Home Inspection business up and running as soon as possible. It is our mission to prepare you for success in this lucrative marketplace, even beyond the classroom.
Our proven track record as successful Inspectors and educators makes the School of Professional Home Inspection the best choice in home inspection education, software, and field training.
Test your inspection skills! Take the 25-question practice exam here. These are the types of questions you might expect on the State and national exam.
Our latest News and Articles
- Maximizing Energy Savings in Your Home: Choosing the Most Cost-Effective ImprovementsSimple measures such as sealing air leaks and caulking around windows and doors can provide a faster payback and a better return on investment for limited budgets. Ultimately, the best strategy is to prioritize the measures that provide the most cost-effective energy savings and the quickest payback period.
- Safe Decks Are More Complicated Than You ThinkA home inspection is a critical step in the home-buying process. It helps to ensure that the home you are considering is safe, functional, and in good condition. One of the key components of a Read more…
- Study GuideStandards of Practice Home inspection regulations vary by state. In Washington, there’s a set standard of practice and code of ethics. However, some states don’t have specific standards, in which case the ASHI Home Inspection Read more…
- VA Approval – Use your GI billSchool of Professional Home Inspection has received approval from the Veterans Affairs Administration as a qualified provider for veteran education benefits. This makes it a fantastic career choice for veterans, offering access to valuable benefits Read more…
- Meet our newest State Licensed Colleagues.What a great group of students, so glad to be a part of their new careers. They are all licensed inspectors now. Welcome to the club, and good luck! Congratulations to David, Mike, Dustin, Richard, Read more…
- Student ResourcesStudent Links Inspection Testing System Facebook SOPHI Students Group Vocabulary Terms and Definitions used in Class Student Study Guide
- Wyoming Home Inspection Training ClassesThe School of Professional Home Inspection (SOPHI) is approved by the State of Wyoming to teach The Fundamentals of Home Inspection. All classes are hybrid, some attend in person while others attend the session via live Zoom. Read more…
- How to Become a Home Inspector in ArizonaBy taking the SOPHI course you will place yourself well ahead right off the bat! Our intense 12-day program will prepare you for success.
- Fundamentals of Home Inspection – in Class or Onlinetraining again! We really have missed the interaction that is really only possible with face-to-face education.
- Covid 19 School PoliciesIn an effort to return to the classroom safely, we have adopted several guidelines based on the recommendations from the Washington State Department of Health. We will continue to offer online classes for those that Read more…
- 1.4 Million Electrical Panels Recalled Due to Thermal Burn and Fire HazardsSquare D Plug-on-Neutral panel Recall Date: June 16, 2022 When working in a trade like home inspection you need to keep up all the time with the latest building news. Thanks to Charles Buell for Read more…