Our next online live lecture “The Fundamentals of Home Inspection” is May 9th, 2022
Our Home Inspection classes are offered in
Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Utah, Nevada, and Colorado.
Start your new career with top-quality training.
Our instructors are successful State licensed home inspectors.
The School of Professional Home Inspection will prepare you with the necessary skills for opportunities as an independent Home Inspector, with an inspection franchise, or with professional inspection firms.
Our Home Inspection Fundamentals curriculum was written by our instructors.
Our instructors have completed several thousand actual inspections. This experience gives our students insight into the real-world situations they come across every day.
The best way to learn about many of the topics we teach is to look at real examples. Our students get to actually touch and inspect a real structure, not just read about it in a book.
Our classes give you lectures and hands-on training in our newly remodeled state-of-the-art classroom facility. It is a classic mixed-use structure nearly 100 years old. We believe in the “touch what you teach” method of education. This allows show hands-on many kinds of building products and techniques that have been commonplace over the years.
Our small class size gives us more time to answer individual questions and help prepare students to take the Home Inspection Exam. It is our goal to see our students excel in the Home Inspection profession, beyond simply passing the state exam.
To aid our students’ success, we love to share tips on search engine optimization, social media impact, marketing tips, reporting and scheduling systems, as well as client management systems; beyond the fundamentals!
We will also assist you in choosing the best and most useful tools and where you should (or shouldn’t) buy them to steer clear of overpriced/poor-quality tools. These are just a few of the added value tips we share!
Your first step toward becoming a Licensed Home Inspector in Washington State is to download the “Candidate Handbook“. This outlines the eligibility requirements to receive your Home Inspection License in addition to valuable information about passing the exam.
As a complement to your education, we are happy to offer support to get your Home Inspection business up and running as soon as possible. It is our mission to prepare you for success in this lucrative marketplace, even beyond the classroom.
Our proven track record as successful Inspectors and educators makes the School of Professional Home Inspection the best choice in home inspection education, software, and field training.
Test your inspection skills! Take the 25-question practice exam here. These are the types of questions you might expect on the State and national exam.
Our latest News and Articles
- Nevada Fundamentals of Home InspectionThe SOPHI Certified Structural Inspection Pre-License Course is an online live lecture. Our class prepares you for the Nevada Inspector of Structures Exam.
- Utah Home Inspection Fundamental Training CourseYou can complete this intensive training program in just two weeks. We will prepare you for success in this lucrative career. Have more questions? Be sure to read our FAQ, or call us, we love to talk about home inspection careers.
- MONTANA HOME INSPECTION TRAININGAs a complement to your education, we are happy to offer support to get your Home Inspection business up and running as soon as possible. It is our mission to prepare you for success in this lucrative marketplace, even beyond the classroom. Have more questions? Be sure to read our FAQ, or call us, we love to talk about home inspection careers.
- Voltage Tester Tricks, They Can Fool YouSource: Reuben Saltzman, Structure Tech Home InspectionThis is one of the easiest voltage testers to use this is something a homeowner ought to have. A contactless voltage tester is going to tell you if something is Read more…
- How Many Things Are Wrong on This Deck?According to Code Check “Almost all balcony deck collapses are not the result of exceeding the allowable live load. Rather, they are from the failure of the attachment to the structure or from neglect and Read more…
- COLORADO HOME INSPECTION TRAININGThe Fundamentals of Home Inspection program at the SCHOOL OF PROFESSIONAL HOME INSPECTION is one of the most rigorous programs in the country. Classes are live lecture via Zoom. This allows direct interaction with the Read more…
- IDAHO HOME INSPECTION TRAININGhis extensive Home Inspection training will cover professional practices, including Standards of Practice, Business Practices, Legal Issues, Client Communications, and more. There are fourteen Technical Subjects including Structural Components, Exteriors, Roofing, Plumbing, Electrical Systems, and nine others.
- WASHINGTON STATE HOME INSPECTION LICENSINGHow Do I Become a Home Inspector in Washington State? Be sure you download this guide from the State of Washington. This is the official roadmap to becoming a licensed home inspector.
- OREGON HOME INSPECTION LICENSINGThe School of Professional Home Inspection is approved by the State of Oregon. All Classes are taught live online, allowing for student and teacher interaction and special attention.
- FAQ for Home Inspector Candidates
- SOPHI student InterNACHI Discount Code1-month free membership code for students is “SOPHI1MO“.You must go to nachi.org/trial and enter the code there to create a membership.